Tuesday, August 25, 2015

EOC Week 7: “tell me about your career goals”

Since high school, I’ve always had goals of becoming an established artist. I would go to the army and gather as much knowledge about deployments, weaponry and use it to my advantage when I went to college to learn how to create video games, and that’s exactly where I am at now.  I’ve done my time, and now getting ready to graduate from the Art Institute of Las Vegas with a Bachelors of Science in Game Art and Design.  Now I have an internship and a 3D Artist at Neon Ave Studios, working on characters and assets for a children show.

            Going forward I am going to graduate with honors and continue improving my skills as a Technical artist, and get into the game industry as a 3D Artist doing assets for video games. For me to accomplish this, I will continue to improve my portfolio with new characters, textures, and assets to show off my skills as a 3D Artist. I will also learn new programs so I have more tools under my belt for those companies that use them. Learning new programs, perfecting my current skills is good, but to gain a career as a technical Artist, I will need to update my current skills with a wider range of skills to be as efficient as possible. Not only will all of this help me to gain my goal but provide my company with a strong asset to use.  


            All of these skills that I will possess, will make me a great asset for the company that I will have a career with.  With that career I will gain even more competencies as a Technical Artist and knowledge of the insides of the Industry to be the most effective asset.


No comments:

Post a Comment