Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Week 5 EOC: Whatever Works

When you are not happy you completely lose who you are as a person. Finding what you enjoy will change you into the person who you are meant to be. She found her joy it taking photos and expressing herself through her art. She kept her photo album with her. She did not realize this at the time but that was basically her portfolio. We all need to have access to our portfolios at all time, not necessarily keep a physical portfolio with us at all times, but most of us in my field usually have a sketch pad or a website to go to. You can show some your work just by talking about what you do. You find joy in your work so you like to talk about it. You never know when someone will know another that can get you a job doing what you love. Always keep your eyes open and ready for an opportunity. My focus when reading about the industry is to know what is going on with it. I need to keep my portfolio updated so I can continually have new work displayed in it and be able to show it off when ever I can. She changed the way she dressed and acted to fit into her art group and look like she belonged, but not only to just have anyone else acknowledge her, you have to feel like you are supposed to be there. When in a situation where you do feel uncomfortable, you just need to remember that everyone around you has just about the same goals you do or once did. So feel comfortable. I would go this far to get my dream job. I would not change who I am but let them know that I am the person they need for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment